Tauranga is the gateway to Rotorua; in one hour you get to learn all about Maori Culture & visit the geothermal phenomena’s of erupting geysers, bubbling mud pools, steaming fumaroles and health benefits of the Polynesian Spa.
- Te Puia – Premier Maori Arts and Crafts Centre
- Whakarewarewa the Living Geothermal Maori Village
- Hells Gate – the Beast of geothermal
- Wai O Tapu – the most colourful geothermal park in the region
- Waimangu Geothermal Valley
- Kuirau Park
- Polynesian Spa Complex for all health and beauty treatments
- White Island Volcano tours
Check out our tours to Rotorua from the port of Tauranga
Maybe you just want some fun and adventure
- Visit Agrodome Sheep & Farm show and or Agroventures for the young at heart
- Rainbow Springs, Big Splash & Kiwi Encounter
- Skyline Gondola & Luge
- Canopy Treetops Zip Lining Tours
- White water rafting
- Paradise Valley Wildlife & Lion Park
- Helicopter Sightseeing Tours
- Enjoy walking in the Redwood forest
- Trout fishing in the many lakes
- Visit the Buried Village and the Rotorua Museum
- Cruise the lake for lunch on board the Lakeland Queen paddle steamer
- Try Rail cruising – self-drive a rail car
- Try Zorbing or Jet boating
Now we have saved the best until last
Visit the Hobbiton Movie Set, New Zealand’s most visited tourist attraction. View Tour details.
You are now wondering how you are going to do any of these great adventures.
- Join one of our guided tours.
If you’re not looking for a guided tour you may like to ask us about renting a vehicle and visit these attractions.